At ITCH we are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our sustainability performance as an integral part of our business strategy and practices. We want the Production & Content industry to be environmentally minded and responsible.
ITCH wants to help lead the change and shape how the industry works.
We are focused on adopting new and more sustainable practices, constantly reviewing our environmental impact and carbon usage across the running of the business and productions.
By setting clear environmental goals, we aim to review our progress regularly to develop new and better ways of working.
Wherever possible we promote the use of sustainable resources whilst going about our day-to-day activities.
We recognise that some of our operations have an impact on the environment and we are committed to reducing these.
We are committed to having the lowest possible negative impact on the natural world, and endeavour to make a net positive contribution by:
- Actively measuring and monitoring environmental impacts through Carbon Audits & Carbon Calculator
- Minimising the overall carbon impact(s)
- Reducing waste and managing disposal responsibly
- Reducing supply chain impacts of all types across suppliers & production
- Identifying and implementing changes when new and relevant alternatives become available.
- Integrate environmental management into our day-to-day operations to ensure we are addressing all environmental concerns while supplying and creating outstanding content for our clients.
- Comply and adapt with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and requirements.
- Reduce our use of natural resources such as energy and water; in particular electricity by using energy efficient equipment across the business.
- Reuse and / or repurpose resources whenever possible.
- Encourage the use of recycled materials and recycling initiatives across all areas of the business.
- Prevent pollution by reducing emissions and discharges associated with business travel by making use of electrical vehicles where possible.
- Promote environmental responsibilities to all clients, suppliers & employees.
ITCH acknowledges that reducing impacts is an on-going process and that there may be constraints that will impact decision making. However, we are committed to a process of reviewing our performance annually in order to identify successes and improvements for future working practices.
We will also be including the AdGreen Levy onto all our projects from July 2023.
The AdGreen Levy is a recommended 0.25% of the cost to produce an advertising asset – that’s just £2.50 per £1,000 spent, and is capped at £2,500 per production.The levy is paid to those producing work for the advertiser in the UK, and then passed onto AdGreen to enable us to continue supporting the UK advertising industry in reducing emissions from production.
You can find out more at: https://weareadgreen.org/the-levy